Installing a projector lamp (lamp & housing)
It is well known that a majority of multimedia projectors have replaceable lamps that can be easily replaced in case they stop functioning.
The right moment to change a lamp is determined by the deterioration of image quality such as decrease of brightness or color fading. Some projectors have a light indicator for lamp replacement.
Replacing a lamp is simple and can be performed in a few steps using the following instructions:
- Make sure that your power switch is off and that the power cord is unplugged from the electrical socket. It is also wise to unplug any other cables and label them in order to restore them in the right way once the lamp is replaced.
- In order to see the lamp, remove the access handle on the outside cover. You may need to use a screwdriver.
- Pull out the used lamp and clean the relevant parts using micro fiber products and not paper.
Please note that in some projectors a small inside filter should also be replaced.
- Insert the new lamp into the projector carefully avoiding touching the glass of the lamp itself.
Touching the lamp will deposit skin oil that will likely damage any new lamp during use.
- Reassemble the access panel, reconnect the cables and power up the projector.
For more information on this topic or related ones please view our library and instructional videos regarding lamps and projectors.